One of the many incredible joys of Washington DC is the many diverse neighborhoods here to explore and enjoy. The Wink is located in the midst of one of the most popular areas of DC – Dupont Circle. Here are our top five suggestions for fabulous things to do during your stay in and around Dupont Circle.
1. Brewmaster Tour at the Heurich House Museum: Learn what it takes to be a brewmaster at this fascinating museum housed in Christian Heurich’s mansion, also known as the Brewmaster’s Castle, dating back to 1892. Known as DC’s most successful brewery, the Chr. Heurich Brewing Co. operated from 1872 until 1956. This event includes an hour-long mansion and museum tour along with a local craft beer tasting. Each guest enjoys one beer flight featuring 4 oz pours of three local beers, gets to explore the Brewmaster’s Castle, and then can mix and mingle in the Conservatory where there are full beers on sale.
2. Events at The Phillips Collection of Modern Art: America’s first museum of modern art, The Phillips Collection proudly provides new perspectives on a broad selection of modern artists, with a permanent collection of over 4,000 impressive artworks ranging from French impressionists like Renoir to American innovators like Rothko. You’ll always find works from the permanent collection on display along with rotating exhibitions and special programming including Sunday Phillips Music concerts at 4:00 p.m. and Phillips After 5 held on the first Thursday of the month, offering an exciting combination of entertainment and art with live music, specialty cuisine including classic food trucks, and a full cash bar.
3. Walking Tour of Embassy Row: Start at The Embassy of Australia to follow a two-mile walk along Massachusetts Avenue starting at Scott Circle and extending to the north side of the United States Naval Observatory. Embassy Row offers a unique view of dozens of embassies, diplomatic missions, and impressive sights including the Nelson Mandela statue outside of the Embassy of South Africa and the Mahatma Gandhi Memorial in front of the Embassy of India.
4. Tours and Treasures at The Mansion on O & O Street Museum: Engage in a fabulous treasure hunt at this unique, historic venue featuring period details including original Tiffany stained glass windows and architectural features along with themed rooms and suites filled with antiques, unique art, and authentic furnishings. Take a food and beverage tour or try a thrilling treasure hunt within at least 60 of the more than 100 rooms, passing through at least 32 of the 70 secret doors. It’s fun for all ages!
5. Laughs at DC Improv: Washing DC’s most popular live comedy club for decades, the DC Improv offers side-splitting local and national comic acts nearby at incredibly reasonable prices. With both a 285-seat main showroom and a 60-seat lounge, you’ll find stand-up, comedy roasts, improv acts, and much more almost every night of the week. They also have a fun souvenir store, group events – and even a comedy school. Buy your tickets early, as many of their hilarious acts sell out!
For an exceptional experience every time you visit Washington DC, stay with us at The Wink. We want you to get the most out of every moment you’re here, and we place you within easy reach of all these unique things to do in Dupont Circle – and many more throughout our Nation’s Capital.
Invisible App Zone